Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese Egg Rolls
Enjoy this savory snack of mac 'n' cheese and bacon wrapped in an egg roll with your favorite dipping sauce like ranch or BBQ.
Author: Tastemade/Photo credit to tastemade.com
- 2 cups macaroni & cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 6 strips cooked bacon, halved
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix mac & cheese and chives to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Lay a wrapper out in a diamond shape with the point facing you.
- Brush the corner tip with the cornstarch mixture.
- Place a half strip of bacon on the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Top with ⅓ cup mac & cheese.
- Roll wrapper up towards the top corner and wrap the sides in towards the center roll.
- Continue to wrap up towards the top, forming a tight roll.
- Brush the top with the cornstarch mixture and seal the roll.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees, and cook rolls 4 at a time. Serve with your favorite condiments.