Creamy Asiago Bacon Wrapped Roasted Onions
Tender slow roasted bacon wrapped onions in a tasty creamy asiago sauce!
Author: Closetcooking/Photo credit to closetcooking.com
- 4/8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth (or mushroom broth)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of asiago cheese (or parmesan), grated
- Pre-cook the bacon until until it’s starting to get cooked but it’s still soft and pliable and set aside on paper towels to cool.
- Wrap the onion halves with the bacon, optionally pinning it on with toothpicks, and place them in a baking dish before drizzling them with oil and seasoning with thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture of the broth, cream and worcestershire around the onions and roast in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the onions are nice and tender, about 30-45 minutes depending on how thick they are. (You may need to cover with foil if the edges of the bacon start to get too dark to prevent burning.)
- Sprinkle the cheese on and bake until it has melted, just a few minutes