NYC-Style Bacon, Egg & Cheese
Nothing says breakfast like a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to oliviascuisine.com
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices American cheese, preferably yellow
- 2 kaiser rolls, sliced and lightly toasted
- Ketchup, optional
- Preheat two medium non-stick pans (or one large griddle) over medium-high heat. In one of the medium pans (or one side of the griddle) add bacon and cook, flipping once, until bacon is cooked to your desired consistency, 4 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl using a fork, lightly scramble 2 eggs. There should still be streaks of white in the egg.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the other pan (or other side of the griddle) and let melt until butter is slightly foamy. Add egg and cook, stirring them slightly but trying to keep them in one undisturbed, thin layer, until they're set and starting to brown on the underside, 2 minutes.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper, then add 3 slices of cheese to one side of your eggs and let it begin to melt, 30 seconds. Fold your egg over your cheese until you have a shape that will fit in your roll. Transfer the eggs to the kaiser roll, add the 3 strips of bacon in small pieces, and top with ketchup, if using. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for your second sandwich.
- Serve immediately or wrap in parchment and foil.