TACO CUPS WITH BEEF AND CHEESE
These wonton taco cups are the perfect appetizer or fun twist on taco night! Layers of seasoned beef and cheese are baked in layers of wontons in a cupcake pan, then finished off with your favorite taco toppings.
Author: Dinneratthezoo/Photo credit to dinneratthezoo.com
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt to taste
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the beef to the pan. Use a spatula to break up the meat, stirring constantly. Add the taco seasoning and salt to taste. You may not need to add salt if your brand of taco seasoning already contains salt.
- Cook the meat for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in the canned tomatoes.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of meat into each cup and top with approximately 2 teaspoons of cheese.
- Place a second wonton layer on top of the cheese, then add the remaining meat and cheese across all the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is melted.
- Top each taco cup with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions and tomato, then serve.