Roast Beef Grilled Cheese
A quick and easy dinner recipe made with tender shredded leftover Roast Beef, Thick slices of Cheese, and delicious golden Artisan Bread. It all comes together in this scrumptious Grilled Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.
Author: Norinesnest./Photo credit to norinesnest.com
- 8 slices of Sara Lee Artesano bread, or Artisan Bread
- 3-4 cups cooked, shredded, pot roast
- 3-4 Tablespoons leftover beef gravy or canned brown gravy
- 16 slices of Mild Cheddar Cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 8 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- In a microwave safe bowl mix together roast beef and gravy. Warm for 2-3 minutes on high. Mix well. Set aside.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise on one side of each of the 8 slices of bread in leu of butter.
- Heat griddle to medium. Place prepared slices of bread mayonnaise side down.
- On one half of 4 slices of the bread place two slices of cheese, overlapping slightly.
- On the other half of the remaining 4 slices of bread place ¾ cup of prepared roast beef. Make sure meat covers each slice of bread completely.
- When cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown, carefully place each half on top of the other halves of bread with meat. Press down lightly with spatula. Remove from griddle and cut each sandwich in half. Serve immediately.