These baked peaches are roasted low and slow to bring out all their natural sweetness.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 medium peaches
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°. Halve peaches and remove pits, then place cut side up in a medium baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, if using. Sprinkle mixture over cut side of each peach. Cut butter into 3 evenly sized tablespoons, then halve each piece. Place a pat of butter in center of each peach.
- Bake until peaches are tender but not losing shape, about 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.