Peach Blueberry Galette
This Peach Blueberry Galette is a rustic fruit tart that you can make in no time. Juicy summer fruit mildly sweetened with coconut sugar and baked in a buttery galette dough. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of creme fraiche for the best summer dessert.
Author: Foolproofliving/Photo credit to foolproofliving.com
- For The Galette Dough:
- 1 ½ cups (213 gr.) of all-purpose flour, more to flour the surfaces
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons (142.5 gr.) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 4-5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- For The Filling:
- 2 medium-size peaches sliced ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 plum sliced ¼ inch thick slices
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour optional
- 1 egg yolk lightly whisked
- ½ cup sliced almonds with or without the skin on
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To make the galette dough:
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for a few times to mix. Add in the cold butter cubes. Pulse 8-10 times until butter resembles small clumps.
- Turn the machine on and add in 4 tablespoons of ice-cold water in one tablespoon increments.
- At this point, it should start to come together and form into a ball. If not add in the rest of the water until it does.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured surface, form it into a 4-inch disk, and wrap with plastic. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.*
- Take it out of the fridge 10 minutes before you are ready to roll it out.
- To make the filling:
- Place peaches, plums, blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle it with coconut sugar. Set it aside to macerate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F degrees (190 C.) Prepare a sheet of parchment paper that will fit into the baking sheet.
- To assemble: Lightly flour your working surface. Roll the dough into a large 12-inch circle. Transfer onto the parchment paper and then onto the baking sheet.
- If you are using, sprinkle it evenly with almond meal leaving a 2-inch border on the sides.
- Spread the fruit on top slightly mounting in the middle, again leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
- Roll the sides of the dough overlapping as you go around and pleating the dough.
- Brush the outer crust with egg yolk and sprinkle with sliced almonds lightly pressing to make sure they stick.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or the crust turns golden brown. Transfer the galette onto a wire rack to cool.
- If preferred, dilute honey with a tablespoon of water and lightly brush the top of the fruit.
- Serve while it is still warm.