PINEAPPLE PEACH AGUA FRESCA.
I might have something that you want to drink more than wine!
Author: Howsweeteats/Photo credit to howsweeteats.com
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups water
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- fresh mint
- lime slices for serving
- note: to make the simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water (such as ¼ cup each) in a saucepan over medium heat. whisk until the sugar dissolves and simmer for a minute or two, then remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Add the peaches, pineapple and 1 cup of water to a blender and blend until completely pureed. Using a fine mesh sieve, pour puree through into a large bowl or measuring cup, using a spoon to press the last of the liquid out when you get to the end. Combine the juice with the remaining water, lime juice and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Taste and add more syrup if desired. Chill until cold. Before serving, add the frozen peach slices (to act as your ice cubes!) along with a few ice cubes if you’d like it super cold.
- Serve over crushed ice the extra lime slices and mint.