- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. frozen corn
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, celery, asparagus, and zucchini and cook until soft, 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and thyme. Bring to a boil then add chicken and lower heat. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Add chicken, lemon juice, peas, and corn to pot. Cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley to serve.
Spring Chicken Soup will make you feel SO healthy.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/WsTfPPB
Posted by Delish on Monday, April 30, 2018