Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup
Looking for a hearty winter soup? Look no further! This one is a cross between lasagna, chicken alfredo, and soup—and it's damn good.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (about 3), cut into thirds
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into 2" pieces
- ⅓ c. heavy cream
- 1 shredded mozzarella
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 4 c. loosely packed spinach
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with chili flakes if using, salt, and pepper.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in flour and cook until no longer raw, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and chicken and bring up to a simmer. Add noodles and cook until chicken is tender and noodles are cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove chicken and shred, then return to pot.
- Add heavy cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan and stir until incorporated, then stir in spinach until wilted. Serve topped with more Parmesan and parsley.
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup is as cozy as your favorite sweater.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/crhq2QK
Posted by Delish on Thursday, December 6, 2018