Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
These Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are perfect for keeping vampires away this Halloween!
Recipe type: Main
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade to use for basting later. Marinate the chicken with the remaining liquid in a resealable bag for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat one side of a gas grill to medium heat, keeping one side cooler. Grill the chicken thighs on medium for approximately 5 minutes on each side, taking care not to let the sugars burn. Move the thighs to the cool side of the grill and baste with the reserved marinade. Cover the grill and cook, basting every 3 to 4 minutes, until the thighs are cooked completely through, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook’s Note
- If it's raining, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a cast-iron pan on medium-high heat and add some olive oil. Place the thighs skin-side down and sear for 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and transfer to the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
These Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are perfect for keeping vampires away this Halloween ?
Posted by Food Network on Monday, October 30, 2017