Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
Ways to my heart: 1) Buy me food 2) Make me food 3) Be Food
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus ¾ cup for dusting
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, halved
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano, densely packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups loosely packed parsley, washed, dried, leaves only (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups loosely packed mint, washed, dried, leaves only (about 2 bunches)
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg and ricotta; use a spatula to combine. Add 1¼ cups flour and mix until just combined, less than a minute. Form a log with the dough, sprinkle with flour and cover with a clean rag while you make the pesto.
- In a food processor, add the nuts, oil, garlic, cheese, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Blend well. Once smooth, stop the machine, add the mint and parsley and blend. Add more lemon juice or olive oil if needed, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour. Cut the dough ball into quarters. Starting with one piece, roll it into a rope about the thickness of a finger. Using a table knife, cut pieces from the rope about ½ inch long. With your thumb, press each piece into the back of a fork’s tines and downward toward the counter. Repeat with remaining dough and gnocchi.
- Add salt to the boiling water, and add the gnocchi. They will float to the top when ready.
- Remove gnocchi from water and add to a mixing bowl. Add the pesto and stir to combine. Add salt if needed. Serve.
Ways to my heart: 1) Buy me food2) Make me food3) Be FoodTaste for Yourself: taste.md/2EmOlEv
Posted by Tastemade on Thursday, June 7, 2018