The BEST Meatballs Subs
Meatball Sub is a hot delicious sandwich packed with tender Italian meatballs, marinara sauce, and gooey, melted Mozzarella Cheese. I’m sharing a few tips to make the best Meatball Subs right at home. You can easily make them right in your oven with leftover meatballs or make meatballs specially for the subs ahead of time.
Author: Willcookforsmiles/Photo credit to willcookforsmiles.com
- 3 hoagie rolls
- 12 Italian Meatballs (12-15 meatballs)
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup thick shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice hoagie rolls in the middle, on top, but not all the way through. Place hoagies in the baking dish or rimmed baking sheet side by side. Depending on the dish, you may need to lightly grease it or cover with some aluminum foil.
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of marinara sauce on the bottom of each hoagie and sprinkle some fresh grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Depending on the size of the hoagie roll and size of the meatballs, you can fit 4-5 meatballs in each roll. Place the meatballs inside the roll, side by side.
- Spread a little more marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Generously spread shredded Mozzarella cheese over each hoagie and sprinkle some dry oregano.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. (If using cold meatballs and marinara sauce, you would need to add about 5 minutes to bake time.)