Strawberry Sweet Tea
We all know how much Southerners love their sweet tea, so we took a classic sweet tea recipe and kicked it up a notch. Sweet strawberries pack a punch in this fruit infused iced tea.
Author: Imperialsugar/Photo credit to imperialsugar.com
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled
- 8 tea bags
- 1½ quart water
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Add strawberries. Heat over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Bring 1½quarts of water to a boil. Pour into a 2 quart pitcher and add 8 tea bags. Let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let cool completely.
- After the strawberry mixture is cool, pour through a strainer and discard the solids. Pour liquid into the tea, and mix well. Place in the fridge until cold. Pour over ice to serve.