VIRGIN PEACH DAIQUIRI
Now that it's June, it's peach season here in Georgia. They're definitely one of the most delicious summer fruits! Making this fresh produce into a virgin peach daiquiri is a fantastic idea!
Author: Savortheflavour/Photo credit to savortheflavour.com
- 6 cups (1.05 kg) peeled and diced fresh peaches (about 8 large peaches)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- PREPARING THE PEACHES (30 MINUTES)
- Rinse about 8 large peaches, then peel them. If they aren't very soft, peel them with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. However, if they are very soft and ripe, cut a shallow X at the pointed end of each peach and submerge them in boiling water for 40-60 seconds, then place in an ice water bath to cool. The skin should peel off easily.
- Cut the peaches by slicing them in half, then twisting or pulling the two halves apart. Pull or cut out the pit, then cut each one into 8 slices. Cut each slice into 4-5 smaller chunks. You should have 6 cups of diced peaches (1.05 kg).
- MAKING THE PEACH DAIQUIRI (20 MINUTES)
- Puree the fruit 1 cup at a time. You should have about 4 cups of puree.
- Stir together the puree, simple syrup, lemon juice, and rum extract in a large pitcher; then pour 2 cups of the mixture into the blender. Gradually blend in half of the crushed ice, then divide the daiquiri among four 12-ounce hurricane glasses.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and crushed ice. Serve the daiquiris immediately with a sprig of fresh mint.