GRILLED LAMB KOFTA KEBABS
Here’s a recipe for simple Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs made with onion and spices and then shaped and skewered. They are a grain-free and paleo entree for the spring grilling season.
Author: Yealthyseasonalrecipes/Photo credit to healthyseasonalrecipes.com
- 1 medium Spanish onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped curly parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound lean ground lamb (sub beef or turkey if you prefer)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice and cloves in a medium bowl. Add lamb and gently knead with clean hands to combine, about 1 minute. Divide into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a 8-inch sausage shape. Thread meat onto a heavy metal skewer.
- Oil grill rack. Grill kebabs, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through, 9 to 13 minutes. Let rest on a cutting board for 4 minutes before removing skewer and slicing.