Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
This sautéed garlic shrimp with smoked paprika and honey is the BEST way to cook shrimp! A quick, easy, and healthy protein recipe that’s only 5 ingredients.
Author: Walderwellness/Photo credit to walderwellness.com
- Approx. 36 large shrimp, thawed, peeled + deveined (or prawns)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a small bowl. Toss them in 1 Tbsp olive oil and a bit of salt + pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece – you may need to do this in stages, depending on size of pan.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
- In the same pan, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and sliced garlic. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, until browned and slightly fragrant. Stir in smoked paprika and honey, then add cooked shrimp back into the pan. Toss to coat.
- Remove pan from heat and serve shrimp immediately. Season with salt + pepper, as desired.