HONEY SOY AND GARLIC SAUCE WITH CHILLI AND LIME
Sweet honey, salty soy, tangy lime and a kick of chilli – a versatile, fuss-free sauce using store cupboard ingredients. Delicious with fish (our favourite is salmon) and chicken or pork, this sauce keeps for a few weeks in the fridge so why not double up the ingredients and save some for a quick meal later. Serve with rice or noodles and dress up with spring onions and sesame seeds and you have a spectacular tasting and looking dish on the table in less than half an hour.
Author: Daffodilkitchen/Photo credit to daffodilkitchen.com
- 80g runny honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Kikkoman reduced salt)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon)
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder *1
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- a) mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, OR
- b) measure the ingredients directly into a jam jar. Screw on the lid and shake well to mix.
- Baste over cooked fish, chicken or pork. Boil for a couple of minutes to thicken and reduce.