Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Indulge in these incredibly dreamy dark chocolate raspberry bars. They feature a deliciously fruity layer of raspberry jam and a tasty grain-free crust dipped in refined sugar-free chocolate. It’s the perfect sweet treat to surprise your loved ones with.
Author: Delight-fuel/Photo credit to delight-fuel.com
- cookie base
- 1⅓ cup coconut flour
- 5 tbsp organic light agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (soft but not melted)
- Pinch of salt
- raspberry filling
- 2½ cups raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1 tsp agar agar
- chocolate coating:
- 10 oz stevia sweetened chocolate (sub with semi sweet or unsweetened chocolate)
- 1-2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 8x8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl add coconut flour, agave syrup, salt and coconut oil.
- Mix/knead well with your hands until dough forms.*
- Press dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until edges begin to brown. Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- In the meantime prepare raspberry berry filling. Add berries, water, maple syrup and lemon juice in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minuts until berries have broken down. Puree with a hand mixer or in a high speed blender and pour back into the saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp of agar agar powder to the berry mixture and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes while whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 5-10 minutes before pouring it onto the cookie base. Freeze for about 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat and set aside.
- Once the berry filling is completely frozen, cut into 16 squares. Dip each into melted chocolate and transfer onto a cooling rack or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let sit until chocolate has hardened.
- Serve immediately and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.