RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPE
Raspberry and dark chocolate come together in this Raspberry Chocolate Truffle recipe to create the most beautiful and delicious raspberry truffles you will ever make. They are tart and sweet, with an amazingly colorful center. They are perfect for an everyday sweet treat as well as for a special occasion.
Author: Wildwildwhisk/Photo credit to wildwildwhisk.com
- 1 oz freeze dried raspberry ((28 g))
- 6 oz white chocolate melting wafers ((170 g))
- 3 oz heavy cream ((85 g))
- 8 oz dark chocolate melting wafers ((227 g))
- Extra freeze dried raspberry
- Add freeze dried raspberry to a food processor and grind into a fine powder. Let the raspberry powder settle before opening the food processor and transferring it to a bowl with the white chocolate melting wafers.
- Heat cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until simmering but not boiling. Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate and raspberry powder. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir with a spatula in even round stroke until the chocolate completely dissolves and the raspberry powder is completely incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour to let the truffle filling harden but still workable. Use a small ice cream scoop to portion the truffle filling into 13 pieces.
- Roll each portion into a ball, place them on a parchment line baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a simmering pot of water, stirring with a spatula. When almost all of the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat and continue to stir until it melts completely and smooth.
- Dip the bottom of a truffle into the melted chocolate and place it on the tip of a fork. Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over the top to cover it completely.
- Allow the excess to drip off before placing it back on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the truffles. Drizzle excess melted chocolate over the top of the truffles and sprinkle some crushed freeze dried raspberry for decoration.
- Place the baking sheet back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the chocolate to harden completely.