Didn’t want the same mundane roasted chicken or ground turkey with chili seasoning, I was looking for something a little more satisfying. Since I had lean ground beef thawed in the refrigerator, I started to look for recipes that I would be able to make with it. I found a recipe titled “Cheeseburger Meatloaf.” This caught my attention and required ingredients I already had on-hand, so it was a winner. Now, considering I was not cooking for a crowd, I halved the recipe and made a few changes and was completely blown away by the results!
Author: Saltysweetsnsneaks.wordpress/Photo credit to saltysweetsnsneaks.wordpress.com
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a large bowl combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Pat meat out onto a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle cheese over flattened meat mixture making sure to leave about an inch on all sides.
- Use parchment paper to help roll meat up into a pinwheel. Make sure both ends are well sealed to avoid cheese spilling out during baking.
- Mix chili sauce and barbecue sauce. Place loaf in baking dish and brush sauce on top of meatloaf.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160ºF.
- Let rest for approximately 5 to 7 minutes to allow juices to settle and cheese to thicken a bit.