Bacon Beer-Battered Onion Rings
Bacon? Beer? Onion rings? Yes to all of this! Yes to life! Yes to staying in more!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- FOR ONION RINGS
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ can beer of choice
- 2 cups chopped bacon
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, dredge onions in flour. Remove onions and set aside. To the bowl of flour, add milk, baking powder, paprika, salt, beer and chopped bacon. Stir to combine.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat onions in bacon beer batter. Carefully add coated onions to oil and fry for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a bowl, whisk together ingredients for dipping sauce. If desired, top with chopped bacon.
- Serve onion rings with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Bacon Beer-Battered Onion Rings are like everything you love in one. Get the written recipe here: https://www.cookingpanda.com/content/get-recipe-bacon-beer-battered-onion-rings
Posted by Cooking Panda on Saturday, November 3, 2018