ASIAN BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS AND SNOW PEAS
Asian Beef with Mushrooms and Snow Peas is a simple dinner perfect for those busy weeknights! Your family will love tender mushrooms, crisp snow peas, and thinly sliced sirloin steak sautéed with garlic.
Author: Juliasalbum/Photo credit to juliasalbum.com
- Homemade Asian Sauce:
- ½ cup tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 10 oz snow peas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 pound beef thinly sliced (sirloin steak strips, flank steak, or any other steak)
- Prepare Asian sauce ingredients:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl - whisk to combine. Set aside.
- How to cook snow peas:
- Bring water in a medium pan to boil. Add snow peas, boil them for 5 minutes, drain. Set aside.
- How to cook mushrooms:
- Heat a large skillet until hot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil - it should sizzle.
- Immediately add thinly sliced mushrooms - cook them on high heat, turning occasionally, until they brown nicely. Salt them midway, just a little bit. Do not add too much salt, as you will be adding tamari sauce later.
- Remove mushrooms to a bowl.
- How to sear beef:
- To the same skillet, on high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, which will sizzle right away. Immediately add thinly sliced meat.
- Note: You might want to do this in 2 batches. You will want each slice of beef to touch the bottom of the skillet and for meat slices not to be crowded. This will ensure that beef will brown on high heat.
- Cook beef on one side until it browns nicely.
- Turn over all beef slices to the opposite side, and cook more, on high heat, until all slices brown nicely. Remove this batch to a bowl.
- Add the second batch of beef, and repeat.
- Final assembly:
- Return all of the cooked beef slices back to the skillet.
- Add the snow peas and cooked mushrooms, then the Asian sauce.
- Stir everything to combine on high heat, for about 1 minute. Turn off heat. Cover the skillet with a lid.