Savory Sweet Potato Mash
Naturally sweet on their own, sweet potatoes pair perfectly with savory flavors such as chopped fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme, plus leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup 1% low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅜ teaspoon black pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Combine butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium; cook until browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in thyme.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper to sweet potatoes; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Drizzle with butter mixture; gently stir once or twice. Garnish with thyme leaves.
When you can't eat another baked sweet potato fry…SAVORY SWEET POTATO MASH: http://trib.al/ZBowzzV
Posted by Cooking Light on Saturday, November 17, 2018