- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb. deli ham, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lb. cheese tortellini
- 2 c. frozen peas
- ¾ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded swiss
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add shallot and garlic and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add ham and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Season with pepper. Add tortellini and frozen peas and stir until coated, then pour over chicken broth. Simmer until tortellini are al dente, 6 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Swiss, and Parmesan and stir until creamy.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.