Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
This Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread will be gone before it even cools off.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 c. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 c. beer
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, some reserved for topping
- 3 jalapeños, chopped, seeds removed if desired, some rounds reserved for topping
- 1 c. shredded cheddar, plus more for top
- kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, beer and egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, jalapeños, and cheddar. Season with salt and pepper and stir together until completely combined.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into dough until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour dough into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with reserved cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. Bake 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.