With just a few basic ingredients, these easy homemade Mint Patties make a delicious treat to share with friends and family. Full of mint flavor on the inside and encased in tasty smooth dark chocolate, you’ll want to make these again and again.
Author: Dixiecrystals/Photo credit to dixiecrystals.com
- 1 pound box (4 cups) Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon water
- ¾ teaspoon mint extract
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- ½ cup dark chocolate flavored coating
- Sift powdered sugar and place in a machine bowl fitted with paddle attachment. If no machine bowl is available place in a regular bowl.
- Combine water, mint, and corn syrup and pour onto powdered sugar. Mix on low speed or mix with your hands until it forms smooth dough.
- Shape into generous tablespoon size balls and place either on parchment or plastic food film lined cookie sheets.
- Using the bottom of a glass, press balls into a ¼-inch thick patty.
- Melt about ½ cup of chocolate flavored coating according to manufacturers directions.
- Using a finger, spread a thin coat of melted chocolate coating on surface of patties.
- Once coating has solidified turn the patties over to coat this side.
- Melt remaining chocolate coating.
- Drop one patty in melted coating and flip upside down using a candy fork or regular fork. Lift patty out of coating and remove any dripping coating. Place on parchment or plastic food film lined countertop or cookie sheet.
- On surface of the patty, briefly place the prongs of a fork and then lift the fork. This will create an attractive design on the surface of the patties.