Cuban Panini Burger
When the craving strikes, and you want a really good, juicy burger – make our Cuban Panini Burger!
Author: Afamilyfeast/Photo credit to afamilyfeast.com
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 4 long slices swiss cheese, cut in half, or 8 square slices swiss cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (use garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 12 slices good quality deli ham such as Virginia baked
- 8 long pickle slices (dill pickles cut into slices the long way)
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 thick slices tomato
- Mix the ground chuck with the ground pork, salt, pepper and cumin and form into four patties the same width as your rolls.
- Grill the burgers in a little of the butter to medium doneness, melting four of the half slices of swiss over the tops before removing.
- While the burgers are cooking, place the garlic and water in a very small bowl, cover and microwave for 30 seconds. Drain any water and place the now cooked garlic in a small mixing bowl with the mayonnaise and mustard and stir.
- Cut the rolls in half and spread the mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottom cuts. Save a little spread to serve on the side.
- Place the remaining 4 slices of Swiss cheese, three slices of ham and two pickle slices on the bottom halves. Top with the four burgers. Divide the onion and tomato slices over the burgers then finish with the roll top.
- Heat panini grill to 350 degrees F.
- Take the remaining butter and smear four spots on the panini press and smear the rest on the roll tops.
- Place the four sandwiches in the melted butter, close the top and press and cook just to brown the top and bottom and melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.