One-pan creamy chicken and bacon
For an easy mid-week dinner try this delicious all-in-one creamy chicken and bacon.
Author: Taste/Photo credit to taste.com.au
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 125g middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml Bulla Cooking Cream
- 1 Massel chicken stock cube, crumbled
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Select all ingredients
- Step 1
- Heat half the oil
- Unsure of the quantity needed?
- Click on the underlined ingredient to reveal the quantity. No need to flip back and forth!
- OK, GOT IT
- in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and browned. Transfer to a plate.
- You're watching
- How to prepare garlic
- Continue watching
- Related content
- UP NEXT
- Learn how to peel, chop and crush garlic for use in recipes.
- Step 2
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and bacon is golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer ¼ of the bacon mixture to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3
- Return chicken to pan with cream, stock, parmesan and 1⅓ cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Step 4
- Stir in peas and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved cooked bacon. Serve with crusty bread.