ZUCCHINI ENCHILADA ROLL UPS
This Zucchini Enchilada Roll-Ups Recipe is low in carbs, easy to make, so ridiculously delicious and healthy! Skip the tortilla and slice up some zucchini instead to make this comforting low carb dinner that the entire family will enjoy.
Author: Healthyfitnessmeals/Photo credit to healthyfitnessmeals.com
- ▢½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ▢4 Zucchini
- ▢a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Enchilada stuffing:
- ▢2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- ▢1 Cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- ▢Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ▢1 Medium Onion finely diced
- ▢1 Red Bell Pepper finely diced
- ▢1 Jalapeño diced
- ▢1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (low fat) divided
- ▢1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ▢1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ▢1 Tsp Chili Powder
- ▢1 Lime juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F, and lightly spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl add enchilada stuffing ingredients. Mix well to combine, then set aside. Using a peeler, peel slices of zucchini vertically. Chop and freeze the remaining zucchini for broth or soups.
- On a working surface, add 2 slices of zucchini, spread about 2 tablespoons of the mixture, then roll into a spiral.
- Place into the prepared dish, Repeat with remaining zucchini slices until all the enchilada stuffing is used.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!