Garlic Buttered rolls filled with juicy meatballs and tomato sauce are topped with cheese and baked until golden!
Author: spendwithpennies/Photo credit to spendwithpennies.com
- 16 frozen meatballs or homemade below
- 2 cups pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- meatballs (or use frozen meatballs if preferred)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare meatballs as directed on package or for homemade meatballs, combine all meatball ingredients.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place cooked meatballs in a saucepan with pasta sauce and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread garlic butter inside each roll. Heat broiler and broil rolls until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange rolls in a 9x13 baking dish. Place 4 meatballs in each roll and top with a little bit of sauce and cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional sauce for dipping if desired.