Lemon Curd Cookies
Lemon Curd Cookies are the most yummiest bite size, crisp, melt in the mouth cookies with a spoonful of smooth, silky, tangy, sweet Lemon Curd filled into it.
Author: Madaboutkitchen/Photo credit to madaboutkitchen.in
- ½ cup - Unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup - Caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 Egg yolk ( no whites)
- ½ tbsp - Grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp - Lemon juice
- ½ tsp - Salt
- 1¼ cups - All-purpose flour
- ½ cup - Lemon curd
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer until smooth and pale. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in yolk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- With mixer on low (speed 1), beat in flour just until moist clumps form.
- Gather the dough with your hand and make a ball. Do not knead it, just get everything together handling it very lightly.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Using a floured finger, make a deep indentation in center of each ball.
- Just enough to hold 1 tsp lemon curd. Bake cookies until firm and lightly golden on bottom, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. If the depth of the indentation seems to have reduced, press it lightly again using a spoon when it is still hot and immediately fill indentations with curd.
- Bake again for a couple of minutes just to set the curd. Or if serving fresh you can skip the baking of the curd.
- Lightly dust the cookies with icing sugar before serving.
- You could try Lemon Curd Tartelettes as well.