Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs Recipe
Looking for a tasty appetizer idea? These smoked salmon deviled eggs are delicious!
Author: Grandmotherskitchen/Photo credit to grandmotherskitchen.org
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- paprika to garnish
- To hard boil the eggs, place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Submerge in cold water bath to cool.
- Peel the eggs, and use a sharp knife to cut them in half lengthwise.
- Gently remove the yolks and place into a food processor.
- Add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire, chives, salmon, and pepper.
- Pulse in the food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Do a taste test and season with salt as needed.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a fancy tip. Pipe the salmon egg mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle on paprika to garnish.
- Cover carefully with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- *Optional: Lay the eggs onto a bed of leafy greens and garish with fresh herbs for a beautiful presentation. Very nice serves with lemon wedges as well.