The first time I remember having ‘Kool-Aid’ was at summer church camp during my young teens. I loved drinking it when I was so thirsty after my Jr. Life-Saving class. It was a novelty, staining our mouths and tongues red. My mom never bought this for us at home!
Author: Deeprootsathome/Photo credit to deeprootsathome.com
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over:
- 4 TBSP Hibiscus flowers
- 1½ to 2 tsp Stevia leaves depending on the desired sweetness (fresh or dried herb)
- 3½ tsp Peppermint leaves (dried herb)(if using fresh peppermint leaves, use 10-15 6-inch mint sprigs as dried leaves are more concentrated)
- Stir to immerse the herbs fully. Soon you will see the deep rich ruby-red color flow from the hibiscus herb. It is beautiful to watch
- Let the 3 ingredients above steep for 15 to 20 minutes in the boiling water
- Strain into a ½ gallon pitcher. (I use this type of strainer).
- Add several cups of ice
- Fill the rest of the way with cold water. Serve chilled.