- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1¼ c. milk
- 1¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken generously on both sides with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and add the remaining olive oil. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, parmesan and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the skillet and let simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly, 2-3 minutes. Baste the chicken with the sauce, garnish with parsley and serve.