Coconut Zoodle Soup
Creamy Coconut Zoodle Soup is so good for the soul
Author: Delish/Photo credit to 40aprons.com
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- ½ c. small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 to 4 tbsp. red curry paste, depending on desired spice level
- 2 (13.66-oz.) cans Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 lb. spiralized zucchini
- 4 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ c. freshly chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil. Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to turn tender, 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and curry paste and cook, stirring to toast curry paste slightly, 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk, broth, and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and stir in zucchini, chicken, and lemon juice. Cook just until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with cilantro.