Almond Joy Cheesecake
This cheesecake tastes EXACTLY like an Almond Joy.
Author: Delish/Photo credit to delish.com
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE OREO CRUST
- 24 whole Oreos
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 3 8-oz bars cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1½ c. chocolate chips
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 2 c. sweetened coconut
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325º and spray an 8” or 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Make cheesecake filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, then sour cream, flour, almond extract, and salt.
- Make crust: In a large Ziploc bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush or blend Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Stir until crumbs are completely coated and moist.
- Press Oreo mixture into pan and ⅓ of the way up the sides, packing tightly. Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Wrap bottom of pan tightly with aluminum foil and place in a deep baking pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the baking pan. Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour, then refrigerate cheesecake until firm, at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- Make ganache topping: In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream until steaming. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth then cool slightly.
- Pour ganache over the cooled cheesecake and sprinkle coconut and almonds on top. Refrigerate until the ganache is set, another 10 minutes. Slice and serve.