Chocolate Coffee Tiramisu
Obviously you're gonna make this tiramisu, the only question is whether or not to share it. A one-two punch of brewed coffee and coffee liqueur makes this one marvelous mocha dessert.
Author: Cdkitchen/Photo credit to cdkitchen.com
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup strong, prepared coffee
- 3 tablespoons chocolate or coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 16 lady fingers
- Use a 9 inch square baking dish sprayed with vegetable spray or individual parfait glasses.
- In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, light cream cheese, first measure of sugar, cocoa, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add second measure of sugar and continue to beat until stiff; gently fold the whites into the ricotta mixture. Combine coffee and liqueur.
- Put the ladyfingers in bottom of a dish sprinkle with half of the coffee- liqueur mixture; spread half of ricotta mixture on top; repeat layers, cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight. If using individual parfait dishes, divide ingredients between the dishes.
- Sprinkle with additional cocoa powder just before serving.