These molasses cookies are sort of like gingerbread cookies, but way better. They're packed with flavor (don't sleep on the black pepper) and they've got a soft, cake-like texture. We're obsessed.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ⅓ c. molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- ¼ c. granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg, vanilla, and fresh ginger until combined. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion and roll dough into 1½-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and arrange onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed up and golden around edges, about 10 minutes.
These soft Molasses Cookies taste like Christmas.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/4SyDUf4
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, December 12, 2018