- FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 box brownie mix
- ¼ c. Guinness
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- FOR THE GANACHE
- 1½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. Guinness
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” square baking pan. Whisk together the brownie ingredients, then spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake according to the package directions on your mix, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 35 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips in a medium, heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and Guinness just to a boil. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat.
- Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 15 seconds, then whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth.
- Once the brownies are cool, pour the ganache over and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate brownies until the ganache has set, about 15 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.