Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats
Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats are low carb, high flavor.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 c. shredded provolone
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl to use later. Transfer zucchini boats to a large baking dish. Brush with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, peppers, and scooped out zucchini then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add steak in a single layer, working in batches if necessary, and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until seared all over, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Fill zucchini boats with cooked vegetables and steak, then top with provolone. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats are low carb, high flavor. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/S1jroXU
Posted by Delish on Thursday, June 7, 2018