VEGAN ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
These vegan almond flour cookies got a very delicious almond and cinnamon flavor along with the crispy texture. They are gluten-free and dairy-free.
Author: Getsetvegan/Photo credit to getsetvegan.com
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Vegan butter (melted)
- 1 Tbs Ground flaxseed
- 1 Tsp Almond Essence
- 1½ Cup Almond Flour
- ⅓ Cup Gluten-free flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water. Mix and set aside for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add sugar and melted vegan butter and stir with a silicone spatula until well combined. Next add the ground flax seed mixture, and almond essence, and mix well.
- In another, medium-sized bowl, Sift in the almond flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to let the mixture get firm. You can also leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled and firm, roll it into 1 tbsp balls and then roll in the icing sugar, making sure to coat the balls generously. Make sure you cover all sides. The more powdered sugar, the better the crinkling pattern on the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They will appear slightly undercooked but will get firm once cooled down. Make sure you don’t overbake them! If you leave them in the oven too long, they will end up dry inside.
- Once cooled down you will get a crispy outside with a fudge-like center.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 7 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store any extra cookies in an airtight container for a week.