Turkey Leg Treats
It's just like a caramel apple, but instead of apples you use small pears. And instead of wooden sticks, you use pretzel rods. Add toasted coconut marshmallows to the tops of the pretzels, and they look just like turkey leg bones.
Author: Grasslandbutter/Photo credit to grasslandbutter.com
- ¼ cup Grassland butter
- 6 pretzel rods
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini marshmallows set aside 24
- 8 cups Cocoa Krispy Rice cereal
- Melt the chips in the microwave, at 15-20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between. Once melted, break the pretzel rods in half, and dip the smooth end of the pretzel in the white chocolate. Press two marshmallows onto the end to create the “bone”.
- Repeat steps until all "bones" are dipped. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Dip the pretzels again, marshmallows included, covering ⅔ of the rod. Let sit.
- In a saucepan, melt Grassland butter and marshmallows, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Mix until coated well. NOTE: It will be sticky.
- Allow to cool just a bit (not all the way or it will not hold its shape) and form the cereal mixture around each pretzel rod to resemble a drumstick.
- Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and let sit until fully cooled.