The Best Turkey Burgers
Juicy, tender turkey burgers are the perfect lean alternatives to cook for dinner or throw on the grill. It’s so flavorful, juicy, and tender, it will become your favorite recipe to make. Learn my secrets to making juicy turkey burgers below.
Author: Willcookforsmiles/Photo credit to willcookforsmiles.com
- 3 lbs ground turkey 93% - 7% lean
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- ½ cup whole milk (can use alternatives if needed)
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh minced dill weed
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Before combining the ingredients together, place slices of bread into a wide, shallow bowl and pour milk over it. Let bread soak up the milk.
- Combine all ingredients except the bread in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze out most of the milk out of bread slices and crumble the bread as finely as you can. Crumbling it will ensure that bread is spread evenly throughout. (Discard squeezed out milk.)
- Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Cover a baking sheet or a large cutting board with parchment paper and shape the burger patties.
- Cooking on stove-top:
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook turkey burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the burgers.
- Grilling turkey burgers:
- Since turkey burgers are much softer than beef hamburgers, use a vegetable grilling basket with finer grate to cook the turkey burgers on the grill.
- Make sure to spray the burger patties with oil on booth sides, not the grill. Set the coals the furthest away from the grill grate so the burgers don’t cook too fast on the outside.
- Cook turkey burgers on the grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the patties.