BUFFALO CHICKEN STUFFED PEPPERS (KETO)
A delicious keto Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers recipe, with make ahead option, is perfect for meal planning or a busy week. Make them for a keto friendly dinner or stuffed mini pepper appetizers for game day!
Author: Lowcarbmaven/Photo credit to lowcarbmaven.com
- 3 large bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (about 4 cups lightly packed)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- ¼ tsp salt (Omit if using ranch seasoning from a packet)
- 3 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- Extra Buffalo Sauce
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Halve peppers and deseed. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish or sheet pan, cover in foil and place in the oven. Preheat oven to 375F. Once the oven comes to temperature, cook peppers for 7-10 minutes more.
- Remove peppers from the oven, remove the water from the inside of the peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shredded chicken into a medium bowl and mix the ranch seasoning into the shredded chicken.
- Add the mayo and salt to small bowl and gradually stir in the Franks Buffalo Sauce, stir the sauce into the seasoned shredded chicken.
- Stir 1 ½ cups cheese into the chicken. Stuff the peppers with the buffalo chicken mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Place a small piece of parchment over the peppers and cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot all the way through.
- Top the peppers with more Frank's sauce, if desired. Drizzle with blue cheese or ranch dressing and top with crumbled cheese.
- Makes 6 peppers. Serves 6. One stuffed pepper half is 4g NET CARBS each.