Blizzard Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
Looking for a unique bourbon drink to enjoy during Thanksgiving, Christmas and other winter holidays? This slightly sweet Blizzard Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail is perfect for the chilly winter months. Makes 1 drink.
Author: Thespeckledpalate/Photo credit to thespeckledpalate.com
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- The Blizzard Cocktail
- 2 ¼ oz. bourbon
- 1 ½ oz. unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz. simple syrup, recipe above
- Lemon slices and cranberries, for garnish
- Make The Simple Syrup
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. Do not boil.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved into the water, remove from the heat and set aside. Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator until time to use the syrup.
- Make The Blizzard
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour the bourbon, cranberry juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Place the lid onto the cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously.
- Place spherical ice or whiskey stones in an old fashioned glass. Pour the drink over the ice cube/whiskey stones.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or a couple of cranberries, and enjoy immediately.