Creamy Beef and Shells
Creamy Beef and Shells is a hearty pasta dish that is perfect for a quick dinner for the whole family! It is rich, flavorful, and cheesy and even kids will love it!
Author: Sweetandsavorymeals/Photo credit to sweetandsavorymeals.com
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.