- 2 lbs boneless loin pork chops
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz button mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup—low-sodium preferred
- 1 envelope country gravy mix (see NOTES)
- ¼ cup ranch seasoning mix (homemade variety) -OR- 1 pkg commercial (see NOTES)
- ¼ cup water
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Brown pork chops well on both sides. Place in a 5-7 quart slow cooker (I used my casserole crock)
- In a small bowl, mix the soup, gravy mix and the ranch seasoning mix. Spread on top of the pork chops.
- In the same skillet, brown mushrooms, if using.
- Deglaze pan with the ¼ cup water. Add the mushrooms and liquid to the slow cooker. Even if you don’t use the mushrooms, deglaze the pan and add the liquid to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours (mine was done in 6), high 3-5 hours.
- Always check for doneness at the MINIMUM time. All crock pots cook differently and my results could be different from yours.
Country Gravy is available where you’d find the envelopes of brown, chicken, pork, etc. If you can’t find Country, then chicken will do. If you are outside the USA/Canada, this product won’t be available, so a dry chicken stock cube may be used instead.
I STRONGLY recommend making your own ranch mix without salt. The commercial variety may be substituted–1 envelope–but that could make this dish way too salty. Use caution. Also, since I make my ranch mix salt free, I use ¼ cup for more flavor.
☆☆SLOW COOKER SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS☆☆Serve them over mashed potatoes and nothing else is better!RECIPE: https://bakeatmidnite.com/slow-cooker-smothered-pork-chops/
Posted by Incredible Recipes on Sunday, June 17, 2018