Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne
Make this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne and your family will all want seconds!
Author: Sarah Olson
Recipe type: Main
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5-oz) cans cream of chicken soup (don't add water)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. dried leaf tarragon (can substitute oregano or thyme here)
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- Add at the end
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked according to package directions on the stove-top)
- Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to the slow cooker, stir until smooth.
- Add the tarragon, pepper, mushrooms and onions, stir.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is up, start cooking the pasta according to the package directions to Al dente on the stove-top, do not over cook!
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add sour cream and half of the cheese, stir.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir again.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Cover the slow cooker and cook for an additional 20 minutes on low.
- Serve and enjoy!