Mexican Stacked Lasagna
Is it lasagna or tacos or enchiladas? It is all three and completely delicious.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main
- 12 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1½ cups Mexican rice pilaf, cooked
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can black beans
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2½ cups enchilada sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP grapeseed oil
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- In a small bowl mix rice and salsa. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a pan add onions and peppers, saute 5-7 minutes, stir in spices and ground beef and cook until brown, season with salt and pepper. Stir in corn. Set aside.
- Pour 1½ cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. To assemble lasagna lay 6 taco boats side by side in two rows. Put some rice, cheese and one tablespoon of sour cream in the bottom of each tortilla boat and top with a tortilla boat. To that boat add some black beans, 2 TBSP enchilada sauce and some cheese, repeat over all the boats and then top with another boat. Fill that boat with ground beef mixture and pour over more sauce and top with more cheese. Repeat with remaining boats, making 6 stacks of three taco boats. Garnish with sour cream, scallions and cilantro. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Individual Stacked Mexican "Lasagna"Save the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oRzOgc
Posted by Tastemade on Wednesday, May 3, 2017